Mission, Vision and Values
Our Mission is to inspire, educate, and unify pastors, scientists, Christian leaders, and concerned lay people, as well as seekers and skeptics, with the growing congruence of scientific discovery with our Christian faith and to explore the implications and applications of that congruence.
is for Christians and non-Christians alike to engage in informed, gracious and awe-inspiring discourse and application within and outside of the body of Christ and within and outside the enterprise of science. We envision:
- Recognition of science and faith as complementary
- Christians encouraging young people to enter scientific disciplines
- The Church welcoming, nurturing and caring for scientists and professors of scientific disciplines
- The Church encouraging scientists to explore the latest scientific theories
- Pastors and teachers informed and actively engaged in teaching in matters of science and faith
- Apologists and worldview scholars addressing scientific matters with informed analysis
- Christians active in creation care in a Biblically-informed manner
Please join us on the journey.
Fidelity to orthodox Christian belief – all materials presented will be consistent with the creedal statements that have unified Orthodox, Catholic, and Protestant Christians across centuries and continents: the Apostle’s Creed and the Nicene Creed.
Collegiality and Respect – irrespective of sincerely held differences, we will seek to promote collegiality, respect and community among symposium participants and attendees.
Excellence in preparation, presentations (well rehearsed, not read), and hospitality.
Quality, accurate materials will be presented that are appropriate to the target audiences.